Sunday, 8 February 2015

DIY chicken art for hen weekend

My friend Daisy is getting married in a couple of months, and this weekend we celebrated her hen weekend in Bath. Ruth and Anna, the two bridesmaids, did a truly amazing job organising a weekend for all of us to meet and get to know each other better and give Daisy a weekend to remember.

This little art project was part of it. We were asked to create a picture of a chicken (one of Daisy's favourite animals) and write a message for her on the back. We could choose anything we liked, from photography, collage, a drawing... 



I was really tempted to use this photo I took last September in Cormwall, but in the spirit of pushing myself and being out of my comfort zone, I decided to make a collage. I had lots of magazine cutouts from something I'm making for my guest bedroom, so I had a look on Pinterest and found a good shape to print as a base and then cover with mismatching patterns.



In my truest style, I left it til the last minute, so I spent my Thursday night pulling this poor little chicken apart and then putting her back together. Here is my finished masterpiece! It looks a bit like a child made it, but Daisy liked it, and I had a great time making it, so that's what counts! 


If you're interested in doing something similar, Pinterest is full of illustrations you can use. This is the link to the one I used, but if you search for stencils you'll find loads more.

http://www.fun-with-pictures.com/chicken-stencil.html

Hope you have a lovely Sunday evening.
Inma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Skimlinks Test