Sunday, 8 March 2015

Coconut oil. The one ingredient hair mask


It is fair to say that we all like to have healthy looking shiny hair, but sometimes it can be a bit tricky to achieve. You may be growing your hair long, colouring it, using too much heat on it, or all of them! I've been guilty of all of them at some point. Last year I started experimenting a bit more with colour and have been having sort of highlights since then, especially through the ends, which has made my hair fairly dry and brittle.



Since then I've tried lots of deep conditioners and masks, but I had read so much about all the benefits of coconut oil that I thought I'd give it a whirl. Many hair treatments are packed full of synthetic ingredients and silicone, which makes your hair look better but it doesn't make it better, so I like the fact that this is a one ingredient job and that it is 100% natural.

All you need is a tub of coconut oil, which is available in most supermarkets and health food stores. It comes in solid form, but as soon as you warm it up it melts. I have Lucy Bee raw coconut oil, which is also 100% Fairtrade and is available at most supermarkets and health food shops.

I have shoulder length hair and use one tablespoon which I melt between my hands and start applying to the ends of my hair and finally use any residue left up to my roots. 



If your hair is very damaged and you want a very intense treatment, you can put on a shower cap and leave it overnight, but I must confess I have never left it on for longer than 2-3 hours.

Then, just wash your hair as you normally would and use your usual conditioner. You will notice a huge difference.


Inma x

Don't forget to leave me a comment below and share on social media.
Here are the other places where you can find me:

4 comments:

  1. nice tips

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try this once but I found it left my hair feeling quite greasy and oily. It may have been because I didnt wash it out properly?! I think I should give it another go because everyone seems to highly rate it - great post :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have it on for a couple of hours, which might help. Try using it only through the ends of your hair and see how you get on. This may sound odd, but rinse it with fairly hot water, as otherwise it may clog the shower as it solidifies in colder temperatures. x

    ReplyDelete

 
Skimlinks Test