Sunday, 5 April 2015

All time make up favourites

Happy Easter! Hope you're having a lovely day, whatever you are doing. When you read this I hope to be enjoying beach walks with my family, reading and re-charging the batteries for a week, topping up my Vitamin D levels with some warm sun.

Today is time to talk about my all time make up favourites, which was unsurprisingly easy. Whilst a few years ago I used to buy much more make up, as times goes by I am becoming more minimalistic in my approach to everything, and make up has been no exception. The beauty of being in your thirties is that you have worked out what suits you and what doesn't (well, mostly), so aside from the odd exception here and there, I've got my basics down to a t, and here they are in all their glory:



Naked Palette, by Urban Decay

I have a confesion to make: I only have the original Naked Palette by Urban Decay and have never even tried the Naked 2, 3 or Basics palettes. Having said that, I don't feel like I am missing out, because I have had this beauty for 3 years and I'm still not bored of it, which, for me, is quite something. If you regularly read beauty blogs or watch Youtube videos, you will have heard of the buttery texture of the shadows, their staying power and how easily they blend. All those things are true.

The shades I use the most are:
- Virgin and Sin to brighten the inner corner of my eye and look more awake.
- Sidecar, Half Baked and Hustle all look great just all over the lid with liquid eyeliner.
- Smog and Darkhorse make a great smokey eye.

A special mention to Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion, a sample of which I got when I bought this palette, and something I have never stopped using whenever I use a powder eye shadow.

Revlon Color Stay foundation

I have said before that I tend to have two foundations: a lightweight one which I wear to work every day and one that gives me more coverage. The latter is Revlon Color Stay, which apart from giving good coverage for occasions when you want to be a bit more put together, also does what it says on the glass bottle and stays put. I like that they have two formulas, one for dry and one for combination skin, and the colour range is pretty good. I use Early Tan in the combination formula.



Thick & Fast mascara with collagen, by Soap & Glory

I'm very fickle in the mascara department, and have been trying different ones for years. Every time I finish a tube, I go looking for something new in the hope that it will be even better. For a while I tried all the waterproof versions, as I hate discovering I've been rocking a panda eye for hours. That was until I found this mascara, which is not waterproof but stays on. I have gone through 4 tubes of it, one after another, without trying anything else, so you could say this is most definitely a favourite.

Sexy Motherpucker Gloss Sticks, by Soap & Glory

Since Clinique launched the chubby sticks every brand under the sun has come up with their own version, and after trying quite a few, I must say that Soap & Glory's are by far my favourite versions. They are truly moisturising and you can skip the lip balm altogether when using them, and just give you the right amount of colour for every day.

There are only five shades in the range, which is the only downside, but that is enough for me. I have used Bashful and Plum Jam.



Essie Sand Tropez nail polish

This is such a classic colour that I don't think I will ever tire of it. All the women in my family have asked to borrow it during my visits home in Spain. If I am in the mood for painting my nails but I'm not sure what colour to wear, I pretty much always gravitate towards Sand Tropez, whether we are in the depths of winter or in August.

Revlon do a very similar colour called Elegant, so if it tickles your fancy but you can't find Essie near you, I'd say they are practically the same.

Sally Hansen Instadri topcoat

I can't remember how many bottles of this I have gone through. When I paint my nails I like them to last for at least 3 days, and I want them to be dry straight away so I can carry on with my day, and this little pot delivers against both fronts. Once you apply it on your nails, they will be dry to the touch in approximately a minute, although I recommend being careful for at last 15 minutes. You will be left with very shiny nails that don't show any signs of chipping for days.

There are many other products I like, but these are the ones I buy as soon as they run out and I have no intention to stop using. Hope you enjoy it and let me know what your favourites are in the comments below.

Inma x

Don't forget to leave me a comment below and share on social media.
Here are the other places where you can find me:

4 comments:

  1. Can you believe I have not tried any of these?! I am the worst beauty blogger on the planet (don't tell anyone lol)!

    Brenda BusyBee | Makeup Revolution Highlighting Palettes Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing the Naked Palette probably since I was a teenager....I'm 27. I think it's time to splurge haha

    Sophie | www.thesophasaurus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, it's probably good to always wait til the hype is over and there certainly was hype around the Naked Palette! But I'm such an enabler that of course I'm going to say if you've been coveting it for such a long time you should definitely have a splurge! ;) x

      Delete

 
Skimlinks Test