Saturday, 5 September 2015

Life: taking a breather


Hi everyone!

I had hoped I didn't have to write this post because although my blog is quite personal there is a lot that I like to keep private. I rarely share big personal things even on social media with people I know, never mind with people I don't know! But sometimes being cagey and secretive can spark more interest so I thought I would write a short post today to explain that I will be taking a bit of a break from it all for the next month or so.
Earlier this week I had surgery that had been planned for absolute ages. It wasn't for anything life threatening and was meant to be a laparoscopic procedure (keyhole) and have a relatively quick recovery. However, on Wednesday the surgeon had to open up, which means that my recovery is going to be longer and more painful. Everything went really well, I was discharged from hospital this morning and have my lovely mum as my private nurse making me as comfortable as possible, so all is good! I'm obviously very sore and not very mobile but I'm told I'll feel a lot better after two weeks and the doctors were really happy with my recovery in the past few days. I'll also take the opportunity to give a shoutout to the staff at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. I've had the best nurses who've been so funny, good humoured and supportive, as well as my fab roommates who I enjoyed my late night chats with.

For the past few months I've seen the blog develop and I'm gutted to take a break now because I'm really happy with how everything is right now. It feels as though people may forget about it if I don't post regularly but right now I need to focus on resting, getting lots of sleep and watching lots and lots of TV! Who knows, I might even catch up with Game of Thrones!

I'll be back as soon as I feel fit and healthy. In the mean time, feel free to take a look at earlier posts and if you'd like to know when my next post is up, make sure you follow me on social media (all links are on the side).

See you all very soon!

Inma x

17 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with taking a break especially when you really do need it, so I hope you enjoy this time to recover. I hope you will recover quickly back to yourself & you'll feel much better very soon lovely x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm having to learn to be patient and take each day as it comes! X

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the surgery went well Inma- hope you are on the mend soon and enjoy being looked after! I will miss your posts but definitely sounds like a time to get yourself rested and recovered xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy! I have THE best nurse so I can't complain at all :) I'm also open to TV recommendations ;) x

      Delete
  3. You definitely need to focus on getting yourself better and back to 100%! We will all still be here when you are ready to come back :) I hope that your recovery is quick and trouble free and you feel much better soon :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take your time, personal health is way more important than anything else. Until you return full force, I´ll have a browse around the archives.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! You're absolutely right - health is the most important thing, so taking this break is doing me the world of good :) x

      Delete
  5. Hope you heal up quickly. Sometimes taking a break is necessary. It recharges your batteries & can help you be more productive in the long run. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the healing process goes quickly, and do not stress at all. Sometimes a break is exactly what we need and we always need to take care of ourselves and our health first and foremost!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae! I've always liked to be busy so this is taking some getting used to but it's ultimately what my body needs right now x

      Delete
  7. thanks for sharing! we loved your blog <3

    http://kardeskardeseblog.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, you definitely need to take a break. Take time to recover. The blog shouldn't be your life!

    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

 
Skimlinks Test