Monday, 28 December 2015

Best of December


Happy Christmas everyone! Hope you're having a fantastic break. Right now I am sitting at my mum's kitchen table in Albacete, Spain, having a very restful time. My blogging schedule has been a bit all over the place over the past month, so I will try to make up for it with not one, not two but THREE posts this week! Now I have said it there is no going back....


First up is the best of the best that I have found around this month. Outside of interesting blog posts December has been a lovely month. I never stress about Christmas because I know I will fly home and relax for a couple of weeks and because in my family we aren't massive with Christmas presents, so I've never really done Christmas shopping. What is great about December is trying to squeeze in festive drinks with friends.

Apart from that, here are a few things that stood out:

There have been many of these posts flying around this month, and this was one of the first I read and that resonated with me. I won't be going to a spa this Christmas but I have made time to exercise most days, even if it is a quick brisk walk or sneak up to my room to do a bit of yoga and have tried to spend more time outside. It is still not too late to have a read and see if there are little things you can incorporate into the second half of the break.

I love to sit down at the end of each year and take a bit of time to reflect on what the one that has ended has taught me, to take a minute and take in all the amazing things that have happened, recognise what hasn't been so great and make a wish list for the year to come. I've done it for the past 4 or 5 years and it is something I really enjoy. When I saw the title of this post I knew I wanted to read it and I loved it. The two things I took away from it were to keep life simple and to focus on building important friendships. The rest of the article is super interesting as well!

This made me laugh. It is not a life changing post at all. In fact, I don't think I would take popping a spot with such rigour, but I like the way Caroline Hirons writes. It is as if she was sat across from you telling you what to do and what not to do, and with how much she knows about skin, you really should listen up.

You can see I'm in a reflective mood at the moment! I blame all the free time. I came across Project Inspo a couple of months ago and love the photography, but this post struck a chord with me, and I thought I would share it here.

I'll be back in a few days with the best of 2015, which I promise is much more varied than today's post...

Inma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Skimlinks Test