Sunday, 14 August 2016

The Summer Series: let's get healthy

Hi

It's been a couple of weeks since I have been around here, and a lot has been happening. I went on another amazing retreat with Shine Yoga Retreats, this time in La Alpujarra region in Andalusia, and it was incredible! For me going back to Spain doesn't often feel like a proper holiday, as I tend to visit friends and family and the landscape feels very familiar, but I had never been to this region and I hadn't been anywhere that felt so remote either. It was like stepping back into the past.

Whenever I am on a retreat I always feel amazing. I feel stronger, lighter, more relaxed and energised at the same time. Eating healthily, moving and spending time in nature does that to me, and I always come back full of resolutions and new habits to bring into my every day life.

So today, when I was wondering which of my past posts I could share again, I thought this one about 20 small tips for a healthier life seemed very appropriate. When I read it this morning it was a very good reminder for myself, because I still stand by every single one of those 20 and they are the things that keep me healthy.




I would say that one of the biggest changes I have made in the past 12 months has been to slowly move towards eating as little processed as possible. I usually make my own snacks to take to work and cook from scratch every day, quite often very simple dishes. However, tip #9 is something that I had forgotten until I was away in Spain, and because I felt I was eating healthily I think I was overeating a bit, whether I was hungry or not. While I was away I didn't have that many snacks throughout the day and I rarely ever felt hungry.

Anyway, hope you enjoy reading it, perhaps for the second time, and I would love to hear your tips!

Inma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Skimlinks Test